Dr. Georgios Dimogerontas, MD, MSc, PhD
Director of Neurosurgery – Spine Surgeon
Georgios Dimogerontas is a neurosurgeon specialized in both classic and modern (minimally invasive) spine surgeries and also in Functional Neurosurgery.
He graduated summa cum laude in Medicine from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 1988.
He is one of the first spine surgeons in Europe and the only certified neurosurgeon in Greece to use the robotic guidance and navigation system ExcelsiusGPS (Globus) in spine surgery.
He specialized in neurosurgery over 6 years (2002–2008) at the Neurosurgery Clinic of Asklepieio in Voula where he remained for 3 years (2009–2012) as a Senior Consultant, specializing further in spine surgery, functional neurosurgery, neurosurgical oncology, and Central Nervous System trauma treatment.
He served as a Senior Consultant at the Neurosurgery Clinic of Asklepieio in Voula for 3 years, where he further specialized in Spine Surgery, Functional Neurosurgery, Neurosurgical Oncology, and Central Nervous System Trauma treatment. He also served as a Senior Consultant at the Department of Minimally Invasive Brain and Spine Surgery of the Neurosurgery Clinic of Metropolitan Hospital for 4 years.
Nowadays, he serves as the Director, Neurosurgeon – Spine Surgeon & is responsible for the Neurosurgery Clinic at Metropolitan Hospital, offering his services to children and adults.
He has presented 158 white papers at Greek and international conferences and 25 of his articles have been published in Greek and international magazines.
He graduated summa cum laude in Medicine from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
He was specialized at the A’ General Surgery Clinic and the Neurological Clinic of Evangelismos, at the Neurosugery Clinic of Agios Savvas and at the Neurosurgery Clinic of Asklepieio in Voula.
He holds an MSc in Healthcare Management.
He holds a PhD from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and his research was focused on benign and malignant human brain tumors.
He is proficient in Robotic Spine Surgery.
- Attended 15 postgraduate courses (Courses)
- Attended 31 postgraduate seminars and workshops (diploma awarded)
- Invited as a trainer to 3 postgraduate seminars
- Participated in the writing and publishing of 5 scientific papers
- Published 10 scientific articles in international magazines (peer-review)
- Published 12 scientific articles in Greek magazines
- Participated in over 25 oral or written mentions in International Scientific Conferences
- Participated in over 140 oral or written mentions in Greek International Scientific Conferences
- Attended over 45 Greek or Foreign Scientific Conferences
Outstanding academic achievement award in Medical School of Athens, at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
Scholarship for PhD studies at the Medical School of Athens by the Foundation “Stella Tsagka – Letta Despotidou”.
Membership in scientific societies, associations, and organizations:
He is a member of the:
- Medical Association of Arcadia
- Medical Association of Athens
- τηςHellenic Surgical Society
- South Eastern Europe Neuromodulation Society
- Greek Society of Pharmacology & Audit Committee
- Doctors of the World (Médecins du monde) organization
- Hellenic Neurosurgical Society
- European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS)
- Hellenic Spine Society
- του Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Hellenic Health Services Management Association
He currently works as a private neurosurgeon.
He is the owner of the only Neurosurgery Consulting Room in the Municipality of Chaidari.
Moreover, he serves as the Director, Neurosurgeon – Spine Surgeon and is responsible for the Neurosurgery Clinic at Metropolitan Hospital in Neo Faliro.
He occasionally offers his neurosurgery services in other European countries, especially in the Balkans.